Be ready; Hurricane must haves
It's Hurricane season, this goes out to anyone who might be on the Hurricanes path. I found some useful information online, plus personal experiences. Check out some tips and tricks.
stay safe! prayers for all.
- Recommended minimum three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Flash lights with batteries (I suggest to have a solar charged flashlight)
- First aid kit
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags, and plastic ties (for personal sanitation)
- Can openers
- External phone charger ***** charge them ahead of time
- Sand bags to avoid flooding into house
- Candles, matches, lighters
Protect your house:
- Board up the windows (shutters or wood)
- flood barriers on doors
- Duck tape your windows by forming an X (this will prevent the windows from collapsing if they were to break
Heat up food:
- If you have a BBQ please take advantage of it! buy some charcoal and you can use this to heat up food or cook meat. Also having a portable camping burner is amazing!
- Its suggested to have one gallon of water per person, per day.
- If you cant find water at the store don't freak out, use tap water! works just as fine, if you are too picky about drinking tap water then just boil it. Fill up random old milk cartons, jars, pitchers and water bottles!
Showering with no running water?
- Here is a tip I've done several times. Fill up a couple of buckets, maybe even big cooking pans you have with water. Depending on how many family members you have, will determine how many buckets to fill up.
- If you have more than one bathroom, you should definitely fill up one of the tubs with water for daily use.
- Fill up your tanks at a time where people are working or sleeping LOL. The lines are going to be hectic, go to a less populated gas station.
Do NOT leave your pets outside. Make sure to have extra food and supplies for them also!
Hope these tips were helpful, leave a comment on this page or my Instagram <3